Apartments + Offices on Twitter Apartments + Offices on Facebook Apartments + Offices News

Shanghai Passport and Visa

Consult the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country to arrange for a visa. Everyone needs a visa to enter China, without exceptions even for diplomats.

A valid passport is required and the typical tourist visa is for 90 days although this can be easily extended for another 30 days.

To extend your visa, stop by the Public Security Bureau (PSB) division for aliens at 333 Wusong Lu (tel: +86-21 6357-6666) on weekdays from 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 5 p.m..

Its usually no problem getting a month-long extension but bring your passport and registration of temporary residency from your hotel.

If you are trying to extend a business visa youll need the above items plus a letter from the business that invited you to China.

For inquiries, consult:

Public Security Bureau
333 Wusong Lu
Tel: +86-21 6357-6666
Tourist hotline: +86-21 6439-0630

Cost from airport to business district

by airport shuttle 20 RMB
By public transport 8 RMB
by cab/car about 60 RMB

Cost from the airport to other major points of the city

by airport shuttle 20 RMB
by cab/car 50 to 120 RMB

Average time from the airport business district

By airport shuttle about 30 mins. to 1 hour
cab/car 30 mins. to 1 hour